Keeping your furnace running at it’s peak performance is very important to most homeowners.
- Make sure you schedule yearly inspections for your furnace and air conditioning with a licensed professional. They have the knowledge and the tools to get the job done right. They are prompt ,courteous and professional .
- Change your furnace filter often . Change it every 30 days if you have pets. In Colorado it is so dusty we recommend changing the filter at least every 60 days. This will help extend the life of the furnace and air conditioning system .
- Keep combustible material away from furnace area . Recommended clearance is 30″ in front of any appliance. Paint cans or any chemicals will easily catch fire if they are too close to the furnace . Safety is important.
- Keep carbon monoxide batteries are fresh and the detector needs to be within 15 feet of a sleeping area.
- Change batteries in your thermostat yearly. I try to do it when the time change happens.
- Save for a new system . If your system is over 13 years old. New technology and more efficient units come out every year. We recommend replacing your furnace when it is over 13 years old . Otherwise it could start costing you money or leave you without heat on a cold night or weekend when rates are expensive.
- We sell Amana and Goodman furnace and air conditioning units.